In this Policy, the terms:
• “personal information” means information about an identifiable person, as defined in the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act);
• “you” and “your” refer to the individual to which personal information relates or an organisation who employs that individual, as the case may be; and
• “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Workable.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with our Terms of Service. By using the Platform or Services, you are taken to have read and agreed to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
We may review and amend this Policy from time to time to take into account changes in law, technology, and our operations. Please periodically review this Policy as continued use of the Platform or Services shall indicate your acceptance of any changes.
1. Collection of Personal Information
1. Through the Platform and/or Services may collect a variety of personal information, including:
1. names, email addresses, and phone numbers;
2. job titles, qualifications and employment history;
3. availability for work including location and days and
4. photos or images.
2. We collect personal information in several ways including:
1. directly from you (such as when you fill out an email request, call or contact us); and
2. when you engage with the Platform (website, web-application, or mobile application).
3. If you are an organisation using the Platform and/or Services to create profiles of your employees Employees), this will involve your provision of those Employees’ personal information to us. Prior to providing any of your Employees’ personal information to us, you must obtain their informed and express consent for you to do so, including:
1. ensuring you obtain the personal information and the consent directly from the Employee before you provide it to us (including by loading that personal information onto the Platform);
2. explaining to the Employee why you are providing their personal information to us;
3. explaining to the Employee who will receive their personal information;
4. explaining to the Employee that their consent is voluntary; and
5. informing the Employee of the consequences if they do not consent.
4. If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you must make sure that you are authorised by that person to disclose that personal information to us and that, without Workable taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, we may collect, use, store and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy.
2. How We Use Personal Information
1. We only collect personal information where this is necessary to carry out our functions. We will only use personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws, including the Privacy Act.
2. The primary purpose for which we collect personal information is to enable the provision and use of the Workable Platform and Services. We also collect information about you to:
1. verify your identify and, if applicable, that your organisation legally operates in New Zealand;
2. register users of the Platform and/or Services;
3. disclose to third parties who also use the Platform and/or Services, such as other Employers;
4. customise, measure and improve user experience for the Platform and/or Services including advertising and to deliver targeted marketing;
5. help prevent fraudulent activity;
6. investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of the Platform Terms of Service or that you have otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity;
7. provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (except where you have requested not to be contacted for such purposes);
8. otherwise communicate with you;
9. comply with any statutory requirements;
10. protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
11. purposes directly related to, or incidental to, the above; and
12. for any other purpose authorised by you or permitted by law, including in accordance with the Act.
3. How We Store Personal Information
1. Once we have received personal information, we will use all reasonable procedures and security features to try to protect personal information from misuse, loss, disclosure, and unauthorised access.
2. We store personal information that is in electronic form on secure servers. Our servers and those of our service providers may be located in various places both in New Zealand and overseas.
3. We may provide personal information to third parties contracted by us in order to perform data storage and data processing services on our behalf. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties comply with our instructions and do not use personal information for any other purpose.
4. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure, so by providing us with personal information over the Internet you acknowledge that the provision of that personal information is at your own risk, and that we cannot guarantee the security of such personal information.
5. We retain personal information only for so long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the information can lawfully be used, including if Workable is required to retain such personal information by applicable laws.
4. Disclosing Personal Information
1. We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, as set out in this Policy, and otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
2. We may disclose your personal information to any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the Platform and/or Services.
3. Personal information may be disclosed between related companies and our personnel and those of our agents or delegates. Those related companies, personnel, agents and delegates will treat and handle such personal information in a manner consistent with this Policy and applicable laws.
4. We may disclose personal information where we are required to do so by law, court order, subpoena or other legal process, as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority.
5. Marketing Communications
1. You agree to receive marketing communications from Workable unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive such communications. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Workable, simply indicate your preference by following directions provided with the communication.
6. Access, modification and deletion
1. It is both in our interest and yours that any personal information we hold is accurate, complete and current. If any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, please contact us or use the Platform to correct it. You have the right to request that any inaccurate personal information is corrected.
2. Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to check whether Workable holds your personal information and request access to your personal information. You can do this by contacting us. In accordance with the Privacy Act, Workable has the right to, and may, charge a reasonable fee for processing or responding to any request to access personal information.
3. You acknowledge that Workable may delete personal information when it no longer needs it for the purposes described above.
7. System Usage Monitoring
1. We monitor use of the Platform and/or Services and collect certain information as a result, including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
2. This information does not personally identify you but may identify your browser. We may analyse this information:
1. for certain trends and statistics, such as which services users are visiting or using, which features or services are most popular and to measure the effectiveness of advertising; and
2. to improve the functionality, structure and performance of our services. We analyse non-identifiable traffic data to improve our services and the use which visitors make of the Platform and/or Services.
8. Contacting us and complaints process
1. If you have any questions about the privacy or security of your personal information held by Workable, would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, or if you have a concern about a breach of privacy or a privacy complaint, please contact us here: email@example.com.