August 27, 2021
How to create a great Workable profile, and get noticed!
How to create a great Workable profile and get noticed!
Now that you’re set up in the Workable app, it’s time to put a few minutes into building out a great profile. This is important as it helps other users to get to know you, and the more they know you, the more offers you’ll get. A great profile shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to put together, but it can make all the difference for the amount of value you get out of Workable.
- Add a photo! Any photo will help you stand out, but if you can, make it a good one - it can be yourself, your business card, your team, your van - any will do (helpful hint: Our eyes are automatically drawn to the colour red)
- Write a great bio. It doesn’t have to be long, quality over quantity is the key here. Some good points to include are:
-areas of expertise & skills
-years of experience
-A link to your website?
- Add some photos to your profile
-Screenshots of reviews from other platforms!
-Photos of you and your team
-Photos of previous work you’re really proud of
- Add your licenses and certifications. These are great because they build credibility and help justify your hourly rate. You don’t have to list everything, but it’s great to have a couple of items in here.
- Make sure you list all your skills: Your main area may be painting and decorating, but if you also do plastering make sure to say so - you can add as many industry categories as you like in the ‘edit profile’ section
- List all your locations: You may be based in Christchurch, but if you’re remote or are able to work on Banks Peninsula or in Rangiora, make sure to check those boxes!
- Make it live If your profile isn’t available to be found in search results you’ll never connect with any other users - even if you’re busy, jump on and set your profile to live, you never know when a great profile will come up!
Creating a great Workable profile is more of an art than a science, and the only rule is that the more detail, the better the profile. The better the profile, the more people will engage with you. We hope these points have been helpful - as always, feel free to get in touch and we’ll help in any way that we can.
Henry from Workable